2018 MCBK Meeting
The inaugural public meeting of Mobilizing Computable Biomedical Knowledge (MCBK) Community took place on July 10 & 11, 2018 in Bethesda, Maryland.
Expert Perspectives on Computable Biomedical Knowledge
The goals of the meeting included advancing the development of a multi-stakeholder CBK community and taking some initial steps toward establishing necessary CBK standards, policies, and governance. Meeting activities included creating a shared understanding of the state-of-the-art and outstanding challenges, and generated key guiding documents to further progress. Meeting format and content included panel discussions, breakout sessions, system demonstrations, and a poster session.
Materials from the Meeting
Day 1, July 10 - Video (YouTube Link)
- Opening Presentation - Part 1 (C.P. Friedman)
- Opening Presentation - Part 2 (R. Richesson)
- The State of Computable Biomedical Knowledge (M. Musen)
- Mobilizing Computable Biomedical Knowledge: The Manifesto (N. Lorenzi)
- Technical Demonstrations:
Day 2, July 11 - Video (YouTube Link)
- The Library as Curator and Custodian of Knowledge: Mobilizing Computable Biomedical Knowledge (P. Brennan)